Grommets Ltd. are committed to conducting our business operations in an environmentally responsible manner. We are committed to driving down our energy and carbon usage and to eliminate waste and pollution, reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods whilst operating to social and ethical principles.
Our main raw material usage is natural and synthetic rubber. This is cut to size and our moulding tools are maintained to avoid flash. We have minimal waste rubber which is collected by an accredited waste collector to whom we have to certificate annually. We continue to explore ways of recycling our minimal waste.
Our goals are:
- To preserve the environment.
- To protect the planet.
- To minimise our carbon footprint
- To get to zero waste
- To get to carbon neutral
Our core policies are:
- To identify and use materials and processes that control, prevent or reduce the risk of pollution.
- To promote natural resource conservation by the efficient use of energy and the minimum use of raw materials to preserve the environment.
- To minimise discharges, emissions and waste and their environmental effects, including maximising recycling.
- To investigate objectives that reduce our reliance on carbon generated power sources.
- To continuously manage progress in environmental performance.
- To encourage our suppliers and subcontractors to adopt an environmental management system.
- To ensure that all employees are made aware of environmental issues through a programme of training relevant to their roles and that adequate resource are provided.
To date our contributions are:
- Company vehicles are electric.
- Electric car charging point installed to encourage staff to go electric.
- Our electricity supplier is 100% green.
- Replacing bulb/light fittings with LED.
- Turning off moulding presses when not required.
- Eliminated paper records for the bulk of our business activities.
- Recycle paper; cardboard; plastic; tin; bottles; oil; printer cartridges; batteries.
- Trialling moving from plastic to paper packaging.
- Retrofitting our washrooms with water saving cisterns and taps. Kitchens with low flow taps.
- We are committed to the SME Climate Hub.
We are an ISO 9001:2015 Registered Company
Our ISO registration is our mark of commitment to quality and continual improvement and growth of Grommets Ltd.
We are members of the FSB
We are registered members of the National Federation of Self Employed & Small Businesses Limited, who have been established over 40 years.
Made in Britain!
We are registered members of Made in Britain. Made in Britain support and promote British manufacturing, enabling buyers and consumers at home and abroad to identify British made products.