Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms of sale carefully before placing your order and retain a copy of these terms and your order for future reference.
Grommets Ltd/Us = the Supplier
You = the Customer in this Contract
1. Formation of and operation of the Contract
These terms of sale apply to all goods supplied by Grommets Ltd, registered in England and Wales no. 2842512.
- No contract exists between You and Grommets Ltd for the sale of any goods until Grommets Ltd has received and accepted your order and sends you confirmation in writing to the address or by email to the email address you have given. Once Grommets Ltd does so, there is a binding legal contract between us. Grommets Ltd standard terms and conditions shall prevail over any other terms.
- Without prejudice to Clause 5 if You become bankrupt or insolvent or compounds or make any arrangements with Your creditors or being a company goes into liquidation or has a Receiver appointed of it’s assets, Grommets Ltd may declare the Contract to be cancelled and re-sell goods and any loss sustained on the re-sale shall be paid to Grommets Ltd by You.
- Every effort will be made to carry out the Contract, but its due performance is subject to cancellation or to such variation as may be necessary as a result of inability to secure labour, materials or supplies, or as a result of any Act of God, War, Strike, Lockout, or other labour dispute, Fire, Flood, Drought, Legislation or other cause (whether of the foregoing class or not) beyond our control.
- Your property (including samples, materials and tooling) when supplied by or on behalf of Yourself, will be held, worked on and carried at Your risk. You should make Your own arrangements for insurance if this is required and Grommets Ltd will not admit liability for any loss of, or damage to Your property or for any consequential loss arising from such loss or damage. Grommets Ltd shall not be liable for imperfect work caused by defects in, or the unsuitability of materials provided by, or on behalf of, You, including materials supplied by Grommets Ltd to Your specification and order.
- Where Grommets Ltd manufactures “Tooling” in pursuance of an order, that Tooling shall be and remain the property of Grommets Ltd whether or not the price of the order contains a charge in respect of the manufacture of that Tooling.
- No variation of or addition to these Conditions of Sale will be recognised by Grommets Ltd unless accepted and confirmed in writing by Us.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, You may not assign either the benefit or the burden of any contract with Grommets Ltd.
- The invalidity of any individual provision of these Conditions shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
- Grommets Ltd failure to insist upon a strict performance of any provision of these conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of its rights and remedies or a waiver by it of any subsequent default by You in the performance or compliance with any of the terms of these conditions.
- Grommets Ltd may change these terms of sale without notice to You in relation to future sales.
2. Description and Price of the Goods
- With regard to the dimensional tolerances of goods moulded in solid rubber, goods produced by Grommets Ltd are intended for applications where dimensional control is non-critical.
- The description of the goods you order will be as shown in Grommets Ltd current catalogue or on its website at the time You place the order. From time to time Grommets Ltd may manufacture goods not in its current catalogue or on its website, for instance, custom moulding. This will be done in consultation with You and the description of the goods will be agreed with You at the time of placing the order.
- Work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise at Your request will be charged for.
- The price of the goods will be quoted to You before You place an order.
- Every effort is made to ensure that prices quoted are accurate at the time You place Your order. If an error is found, Grommets Ltd will inform You as soon as possible and offer You the option of reconfirming Your order at the correct price or cancelling Your order. If You cancel, Grommets Ltd will refund or recredit You for any sum that has been paid by You or debited from Your credit card for the goods.
- Unless otherwise stated or previously withdrawn any quotation will remain open for 30 days from its date. Grommets Ltd reserves the right at any time to correct errors and omissions in quotations, drawings and other documents.
- In addition to the price, You will be required to pay a delivery charge for the goods, as quoted to You at the time of placing an order.
- The price of the goods and delivery charges quoted are exclusive of VAT.
- Grommets Ltd reserves the right to impose minimum order quantities and minimum order prices as it sees fit. These will be quoted to You at the time of placing the order.
- For account customers, You will make payment in full without any deduction or withholding whatsoever on any account within 30 days of the end of the month in which the invoice is dated or some later date following invoicing which must be clearly evidenced in writing as having been agreed between Grommets Ltd and You. If payment is not received in full when due, You shall pay interest on the unpaid amount at a percentage rate per annum above the Bank base lending rate from time to time. Grommets Ltd reserves the right to defer without penalty delivery of any goods that have been ordered by You so long as any amounts remain overdue for payment or any credit limit is exceeded. No claim by You in respect of goods comprised in one delivery of goods shall entitle You to withhold payment of the whole or part of the price payable in respect of any other delivery of goods.
- Non-account customers must make payment using cleared funds at the time of ordering. No goods will be despatched until cleared funds have been received by Grommets Ltd.
- Payment methods are as follows: Credit card; debit card; BACS; Cheque; Cash. *Contact Grommets Ltd Accounts Dept for further details.
- All goods remain the property of Grommets Ltd until payment is received in full.
- The goods You order will be delivered to the address You give when You place Your order. Please check when You place Your order that the delivery address is covered by Grommets Ltd.
- If delivery cannot be made to Your address, Grommets Ltd will inform you as soon as possible, and refund or recredit You for any sum that has been paid by You or debited from Your credit/debit card for delivery.
- If there is no one at the address given who is competent to accept delivery of the goods, You will be notified of an alternative delivery date or place to collect the goods.
- Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after Your order has been accepted. However, Grommets Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by You through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, grommets Ltd will inform You as soon as possible.
- You will become the owner of the goods You ordered and responsible for risk of loss of or damage to them once they have been delivered to You.
- No order accepted by Grommets Ltd shall be cancelled except with Your agreement. You must confirm Your intention to cancel in writing to Grommets Ltd for consideration. You must state the details of the goods ordered and (where appropriate) their delivery. If a cancellation is accepted, a charge of 65% of the goods value will be made to You towards the cost of restocking.
- Grommets Ltd cannot be held responsible for Your errors when placing orders and is under no obligation to accept cancellations and undertake refunds/recredits as a result of Your errors.
- If a cancellation, through no fault of Grommets Ltd, is accepted by Grommets Ltd after the goods have been despatched, You will be responsible for returning the goods to Grommets Ltd at Your own cost. You must notify Grommets Ltd, in writing, within 7 working days, starting from the day after the goods have been received, your intention to cancel the order. The goods must be returned to Grommets Ltd as per the address stated on the Invoice/Advice Note or on the Grommets Ltd website. You must take reasonable care to ensure that the goods are not damaged in the meantime or in transit.
- If You do not return the goods as required, Grommets Ltd may charge you a sum not exceeding the direct costs of recovering the goods.
Every effort is made by Grommets Ltd to secure the highest possible standard of excellence of both material and workmanship and every care is taken by Grommets Ltd in giving advice and making recommendations based upon information provided by You the Customer, but the circumstances of use of goods purchased by customers being outside Grommets Ltd control. Grommets Ltd is compelled to stipulate that it makes no representation whatsoever and save as is set out below gives no guarantee whatsoever in respect of goods manufactured sold or supplied by Grommets Ltd and accepts no responsibility for advice given or recommendations made by Grommets Ltd.
Subject to the time limits set out in clause 6.2, Grommets Ltd accepts liability to make good by replacement goods supplied by Grommets Ltd which are defective or otherwise are not in accordance with the Contract providing that the following conditions are met namely:-
- That the goods have been used solely for their proper and normal use or (if appropriate) precisely in accordance with any abnormal or unusual use notified in writing to Grommets Ltd prior to acceptance of the order.
- That the goods have been used or applied in accordance with any written instructions or direction appearing on their container or despatched with the goods.
- That no alterations or modifications (other than by Grommets Ltd) have been made to the goods.
- That Grommets Ltd is notified of any claim hereunder within seven days of the potential claim having been discovered or reasonably being capable of discovery.
- Save as set out in clause 6.1.1 hereof and save in respect of loss of life or personal injury Grommets Ltd shall have no liability whatsoever, whether for breach of contract or otherwise in respect of the goods supplied.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing clause and save in respect of loss of life or personal injury Grommets Ltd shall have no liability whatsoever for any consequential losses or damages of any sort arising or alleged to arise by reason of any breach of contract on Grommets Ltd’s part or otherwise alleged to result from the supply of goods by Grommets Ltd.
- Grommets Ltd shall in no circumstances be liable for any loss or damage occasioned by the negligent use or application of the goods by You the customer or Your servants or agents or by third parties. Grommets Ltd shall not be liable for the application of its products by the end user and accepts no liability for damages or losses incurred by their application, which is beyond the control of Grommets Ltd.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the preceding clauses Grommets Ltd shall not be liable for any fault or defect in goods supplied where such fault or defect can be remedied under a manufacturer’s guarantee or warranty unless and until Your remedies under such warranty or guarantee are exhausted or excluded.
- You the customer confirm in entering this Contract that You have not relied upon any representation or warranty given by or on behalf of Grommets Ltd and whether orally or in writing (save for written representation on Grommets Ltd headed notepaper and given by a responsible officer of Grommets Ltd) and (save as aforesaid) the parties agree that Grommets Ltd shall have no liability in respect of any such representation.
- Defect, damage or shortage in respect of any part of an order shall not be a ground for cancellation of the remainder of the order.
You shall inspect the goods immediately upon delivery and shall within three days of such delivery give notice in writing to Grommets Ltd of it is alleged that goods are not in accordance with the Contract. Any claim outside the three days will not be accepted. You shall in respect of alleged visible damage to the goods at time of delivery make a note of the alleged damage on the Packing/Delivery Note and shall additionally within fourteen days give notice in writing to Grommets Ltd to such alleged damage. If You fail to give notice as required in preceding clauses (as applicable) then the goods shall be deemed in all respects to be in accordance with the Contract and You shall be deemed to have irrevocably and unconditionally accepted the goods as being completely satisfactory. Any of the goods in respect of which You make a claim hereunder shall be preserved by You intact as delivered and at Your risk for a period of fourteen days from notification of the claim within which time Grommets Ltd or it’s authorised agent shall have the right to investigate the complaint and inspect the goods. All original packings should be retained until inspected by Grommets Ltd or its duly authorised agent.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the materials supplied comply with any relevant regulations, codes of practice, or statutory, trade or local requirements. If You require the goods for any abnormal or unusual use such use must be known to Grommets Ltd in writing before Grommets Ltd has accepted any order. Grommets Ltd reserves the right to make any alteration in specification of any of the goods ordered by You provided that the goods comply in all other respects with Your requirements.
- Samples are submitted as indicating only the class, type of material or design of the goods and no guarantee is given that the bulk shall correspond to the sample precisely and accordingly Grommets Ltd can accept no liability for any differences between the sample and the bulk.
7. Data Protection
What information do we collect about you? We collect information about you when you complete on line enquiry forms; during on line chats, when requesting information or you place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Information is stored electronically and encrypted. It is not accessible outside Grommets Ltd.
How will we use the information about you? We collect information about you to provide product information, process your order and manage your account and, if you agree, to email you our regular newsletter.
Grommets Ltd. will not share your information. In processing your order, we may send your details to, and use information from credit reference and fraud prevention agencies.
Marketing. We would like to send you information about our products and services, which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out later.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click on the link on our website or emailed newsletters; telephone us on 01273 493355 or email to email@example.com or write to the address below.
- Access to your information and correction. You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the address below. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
8. Grommets Ltd Website
- You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the Grommets Ltd website are owned by us.
- You may use any reasonable copies of our website solely for your own personal use. You may not use it on a commercial basis or provide it to anyone else. You may not sell it on, redistribute it, copy (except as permitted above) or adapt it.
9. Applicable Law
- These terms and conditions of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to the law of England and Wales and the Courts of England and Wales will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract.